So… Why are you on this page?
Let’s face it, hiring someone isn’t easy and it’s important to know as much as possible about the people you’re interviewing. Resumes and cover letters are tailored so that an applicant’s best side is highlighted. What is the truth?
I can’t tell you anyone else’s story, but here’s a bit of mine….
I’m a Memphis native–Detroit dweller who specializes in crafting brand messages and social media content strategy. I love connecting people to new concepts. I work in an Architectural Design firm as a
Marketing Coordinator Marketing and Communications Specialist (woot! promotion!) managing the proposal process. In my spare time, I love developing brands, specifically in the digital realm.
While working in the retail industry throughout high school and college, I gained not only service skills, but people skills. People don’t want to be sold to. Instead, they want to know that you care and will treat them well. “Place people first and your sales will follow” is a motto I live by that I’ve consistently found works.
Here’s a list of skills that I have…
- Social Media Strategy + Development
- Social Media Analytics
- Website Development on Weebly, Squarespace, or WordPress.com platforms (Sorry! I’m not a Developer)
- Website Copy Edits
- Email Newsletter Creation (Benchmark , Constant Contact and MailChimp)
- Digital Business Analytics (Working toward Google and Bing Analytics Certifications)
- Photography (Lifestyle and Experiential)
Here’s a list of places where I gathered this experience…
- Marketing Coordinator, Hamilton Anderson Associates
- Digital Marketing Specialist, Freelance
- Digital Media + Public Relations Intern, Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis
- Marketing Agency Intern, Hemline Theory
- Special Events and Programming Intern, Detroit Riverfront Conservancy